Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pasta

I woke up at 8 AM this morning and couldn't sleep anymore, so I briefly contemplated whether I wanted to go to Pompeii today or not. In the end, I decided against it for two reasons: (1) This week has been one thing after another...I need a break, and (2) I need some time to get caught up on work. Pompeii can wait another week.

So, I got up and started working.

Actually, it was fairly productive. I finished sending off my letter to the HIA Board Members, well ahead of next week's September 15th deadline. Now to only finish revising my paper, writing my testimonial, and submitting my action project...

The highlight of today so far though, and the reason I'm even blogging on this low-key day, is the fact that I cooked fresh pasta with tomato sauce all by myself. Don't laugh, it's a tremendous accomplishment when you consider the fact that I've been eating bread, butter, and cheese for most meals at home (pizza when I'm out). Also, since I was cooking on a gas stove, we had to use a lighter to get it working.

I found some nice plates in the kitchen, so we filled up on pasta and took more pictures. Just for the heck of it.

Tasty looking, ain't it?

You know you want some. =]

P.S. I had pasta again for dinner and this time added a bit of green in the end like my Aunt Molly suggested. Looks restaurant-quality, I'd say.

No comments: