I returned from Chapel Hill late Wednesday night, thanks to Brukab and Fredolyn for picking me up at SeaTac. I fell asleep pretty quickly after I got home, and I ended up making up my German test early the next morning.
Yesterday was yet another busy day with catching up on the lecture I missed with a classmate, three classes back-to-back-to-back, a scholarship presentation for the Making Connections program, and then Steering Committee meeting for Dream Project. Phew!
I'd been looking forward to the weekend, so I could take a break and get work done. I'm working on my qualifying paper for my International Studies degree this quarter, and I'll be exploring the effects of growing multiculturalism in Europe and the subsequent reaction to it. It should be fun.
Anyway, I thought I'd post some pictures from my trip to Chapel Hill. I still need to do that for Rome too...eventually. Enjoy!
First, it was an awesome surprise to see Chapel Hill High School's sign with Scholarship Junkies on it.
The seniors responded very well though, and many stopped by afterwards to pick up business cards.
Aileen, the amazing parent volunteer who makes so much happen, had picked me up at the airport, drove me to the my hotel, and to all the other stops during my time in Chapel Hill. I was extremely fortunate.
She showed me the good spots around Chapel Hill, and we ended up getting some great food at Mama Dip's.
No comments:
Post a Comment