It's been a few months since my last blog, but today I get a chance to write a bit again as I'm on a road trip away from Seattle. I left this morning for Grand Coulee Dam to speak about scholarships at Lake Roosevelt High School this evening.
The drive was a peaceful one that brought me to some areas of the state that I hadn't yet been to. Definitely very scenic. So much so, I stopped to take pictures. :P

I had just stopped at a rest area, but I saw this better view further up, so I just pulled over and parked on the side of the road. No cars around at all.

No, I do not actually have a car; I rented the car this morning. Nice though. 2009 Corolla.
Anyway, I arrived around 3:15 pm and decided to check into the hotel first since I wasn't due to speak until 5:30 pm. Nice recommendation to stay at the Columbia River Inn. It's right by the scenic lookout over the Grand Coulee Dam where I visited three summers ago.

Pretty nice room. Very roomy and affordable too.

Anyway, after hanging out in the hotel room and catching up on all my emails (no cell phone reception at all...just like last time I was here), I headed across the bridge to Lake Roosevelt High School.

The actual talk went really well. We had a great turn out, and the audience had a lot of insightful questions. The community is fairly small, and the majority of the students are Native American and the other half are Caucasian with about 50% of the students on free or reduced lunch. Overall, this was probably one of the best presentations I've ever had.
After the talk though, I was hungry, so I headed to Galaxy Pizza and Diner just down the road from the high school. My bacon cheddar burger was going to take 5-10 minutes, so I headed outside to walk around a bit.

I crossed the street just up from the bridge to the historic walk area that overlooked the dam.



In front of the historic walk area, there was a bucket used to help build the dam. Pretty neat.

After taking more pictures with my actual camera (I could only post ones from my cell phone because I still need to find my cable for my camera; I used blue tooth to transfer all these), I headed home with my burger to do a bit of homework. 'Twas deeelicious.
Anyway, I have a few papers to write tonight and much to catch up on, but always nice to blog a bit on the road.
Toodles.
1 comment:
Love the pictures...especially the one of the bucket! Such history there...we've only been once, but I loved it. Really exciting to hear about the help and information you give high school kids around our state. Awesome!
Post a Comment