Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Colorado (Micro)Brews

Today was a rather fun and relaxing day. Jenée and I spent the day on the CSU campus again. We walked by the Oval, where the main buildings on campus are located. It looks pretty much the same from every angle, but there are some neat spots around.

The admissions office is just beyond. UW's former associate director for admissions is now the executive director of admissions there. Great guy, Jim is! Nice to chat with him again, albeit only briefly on the phone.

Barack Obama spoke here last October...the whole place was packed, we heard.

After stuffing ourselves at the nice new dining center on campus, we chilled at the library again before meeting up with my friend, Katie, whom I had not seen since high school in Portland. We met up in their student union center, which has its own little bar. Isn't that crazy?

I had a good Oktoberfest beer, which really was pretty good and only cost $2.50 for a pint. Good spot on campus to meet up with friends, I'd say. It was great to catch up with Katie and hear about her experiences at CSU. Brought back some good memories from high school.

By mid-afternoon though, it was time to actually do work, so we met up with Michelle to talk about our presentation for Thursday. We went for another drink in Old Town, and honestly, I'm liking Colorado beer. Certainly, more so than I did back in February. I'm also trying a lot more different ones, so that's nice.

We did some work and then headed across the street from that bar to a restaurant for dinner. I didn't have a beer here, but I did have a "Tornado" which was basically Sierra Mist mixed with fresh strawberries. Delicious!

We headed home after that so Andrea could feed the animals at the house. The family who owns the house also have two dogs, two cats, and two horses. It's pretty awesome!

I haven't ridden horses since sixth grade, so it's been a while since I've been in a barn and around such huge animals. I didn't realize just how big they were. Not to mention beautiful too. One of the cats lives in the barn, since they'd only found it recently hiding in a tree. It's name is Barney. :P

Tomorrow, we were planning to go to Estes Park, which is nearby or part of the Rocky Mountain Park, but it's going to be snowing up there, so we have to change plans instead. So, we're going to Wyoming!

I've never been to Wyoming, so we're going to drive about 45 minutes north of Fort Collins to get there. Supposed to be really beautiful. Should be fun. Then Rockies baseball game tomorrow night...hope it doesn't rain too much tomorrow in Denver. Don't want the game to get delayed, postponed, or canceled. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Ok, pictures from Wyoming tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Sam

No comments: