So this morning, we woke up early for our presentation at the 9th annual Colorado State University Diversity Conference. It was quite early, but no matter. After all, this was the whole reason that Jenée and I flew all the way out to Colorado.
Our session was surprisingly well-attended by a number of VPs from the university, some faculty, and even a few brave students who'd woken up early for our session. Michelle had given about 10 of them special wake up calls this morning.
We were able to finish everything we wanted to cover and had time left over for Q&A. It was highly successful, and in terms of everything we wanted to accomplish on this trip, it was a success in every way. The folks at CSU are so excited to get a Dream Project of their own off the ground, and we're so glad to be working with them.
Michelle and Laura took us out to lunch across from the campus at a nice little restaurant called Rainbow. It was pretty good. I had a nice sandwich and french onion soup. Delicious. Even the squirrels nearby thought so.
After that, we went our separate ways, and Jenée and I met up with Juwon, who had attended our session, and Alfred, a freshman whom Juwon has been working with. It was so great to connect with these guys, and they are definitely doing some big things at CSU.
Jenée and I decided to cap off our Fort Collins experience with a quick visit to the New Belgium Brewery where they brew Fat Tire among other beers. It was fun! Plus you get two free beer samplers.
Andrea met us after that, and then we headed on the hour plus drive towards Denver International Airport. On the way, we stopped at Johnson's Corner, a world famous truck stop known for their cinnamon rolls. We got some for the road.
Right in the parking lot too there was a man selling fresh peaches. Andrea and Jenée both bought some, but I didn't want any. The man seemed shocked that I didn't want any and was so kind as to say, "Here, have one to go. Catch!" That was extremely nice of him. He had some good peaches too; he let us taste some.
The flight went very smoothly. I watched State of Play again and chatted it up with the man sitting next to me. He was a software engineer from Seattle, who had just visited Bismarck, North Dakota, for business (not pleasure, he was adamant about stressing). We had a great conversation about travels. Turns out, he's a one million mile member for United, so he's been all over the world.
Since we were sitting in first class (my dad was so kind as to upgrade us), I had a few glasses of white wine. I'm really liking wine now ever since I returned from Greece. Also, the gentleman next to me recommended getting a brandy and Bailey's mixed on the rocks. It was quite strong, but tasty. He did say to never get more than two as they're quite potent. :P
It's good to be back in town, and I have to say this past week was a great one. I got back from Greece, the Huskies beat USC, I headed off to Colorado, and I finished my Fulbright application. Colorado was a beautiful state. I hadn't seen much outside of Denver until this trip, and I liked what I saw. All in all, very successful and productive.
Time to plan more travels tomorrow. Until then, toodles.
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment