Today, I hosted a Seahawks vs. Bears viewing party at my apartment with the help of my roommate, Ronny. Brandon and Michelle came over as did a friend of Ronny's.
Before we started making our football game snacks though, Brandon gave me a haircut. It looks much better than when I tried to do it myself.
For dinner, we made nachos, lentil soup, and enjoyed some German beer (Köstrizer). As usual, the customary silly pose with Brandon and Michelle.
'Twas plenty of food, and I have lots and lots of leftover lentil soup now to keep me full for a few days. Good, since I have very little food in the fridge. Looks tasty, doesn't it?
We hooked up my laptop to a bigger screen and plugged in our speakers, so we had a pretty nice setup going for the game itself. Sadly, our game-watching setup was way better than the product on the field.
Final score was a 35-24 victory by the Bears, who will now face the Packers. Should be interesting for all my American friends in Germany who are from Wisconsin.
I may try and set up a Super Bowl party in a few weeks too. We'll see. That could be fun. This week though, I've got a few school visits lined up, and I will be contacting more schools to set up more interviews. I think I may just shift strategy and focus on even fewer schools to do even more in-depth interviews with a smaller subset of students. I think that'd make for a more interesting book.
In any case, I spent the weekend planning for my next trip (to Italy in February), and now I have to make some more progress on my project until then. It may be a while until the next blog update unless some special occasion arises.
Until then,
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment