Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Lazy Day at the Beach

I suppose most of my days here in Bali have been "lazy days at the beach," but today was truly a day when the entire group moved sluggishly. Some of us got hit with "Bali belly" last night, and others were nursing some bumps and scrapes from the past few days. It was a perfect day to simply do a whole lot of relaxing.

After having mi goreng for breakfast again (I think I've had at least one or two plates every day since arriving), I stopped by the villa to say goodbye to Jenna before heading to Balangan Beach with Andre and a couple of the others. Andre and I took the scooter, so we ended up at a different part of the beach than the others.



While Andre went surfing, I chilled on the beach. The view was spectacular, and the tide was high. There were also a bunch of dogs everywhere. If I'd mixed two of them together, they'd be like my sister's old dog, Max.




I'd gotten up fairly early for breakfast, so I ended up taking a little nap on the beach under an umbrella. 'Twas stupendous.



Andre came back soon after, and since we'd lost the others, we decided to just go eat some food at one of the huts on the beach.




The food was cheap and delicious. Plus, the view was phenomenal. It simply doesn't get much better than this.




The others actually soon found us and joined us for a bit to eat.



Since I hadn't walked into the water yet (still no swimming), I went down and took some pictures as the waves came in. It was rather comfortable walking around the cool water.





We hung out around the hut for a while longer, soaking in the view.


You could see one of the holes from the golf course, too.


Then, we headed back to the villa to hang out. The sun set while we were on the rooftop. It was pretty awesome.




And Andre showed everyone lots of love. Pretty funny.



We decided to have dinner down by Balangan Beach, which is about a 15-20 minute walk from the villa. It was quite dark though, and I turned my ankle on the edge of the road, which caused me to fall on my left knee. It was a bit scuffed up, but otherwise, it was all fine. (Next picture is a bit graphic though, so if you don't like blood, don't look — I know...not much of a warning.)


I cleaned up my knee with some soap, bottled water, and Neosporin and then went to join the others. The hut we went to was pretty affordable. My entire meal of mi goreng, a Coke, a Bintang beer, and a young coconut as a drink cost a little less than $7 US. Crazy!



After a delicious dinner and fun times listening to music on the beach, we headed home. Some folks left for the airport tonight, so our group is slowly growing smaller. Tomorrow, I believe we are spending the day at another beach. Looking forward to another lazy day!

No comments: