Thursday, January 21, 2010

Following Lewis and Clark Along the Columbia

It's been a while since my last blog about a Scholarship Junkies trip, but today I drove down I-5 from Seattle toward Portland and then headed west at Kelso to finally arrive at the historic town of Cathlamet, WA.

Driving west in the dark along the WA-4, I arrived in Cathlamet under a sign that read "Cathlamet 1846." This small town of a few hundred people sits along the Columbia River about an hour and a half north of Portland.

After eating too much McDonald's, I arrived at the only lodging available in Cathlamet—the Bradley House Inn. This Victorian-style house dates all the way back to 1907 and offers a view of the Columbia River. I can't see anything right now though since I arrived after the sun had already gone down.

So, instead, I took pictures of the inside of the house. I have a pretty nice room.

I watched the Huskies lose on a last second shot after taking the lead with 3 seconds left. Sad.

Anyway, tomorrow, I am speaking at Wahkiakum High School to share my scholarship secrets with the student body. I am very much looking forward to it. Should be a great time.

Time to hit the sack soon. Toodles.

Sam

1 comment:

Lil said...

Honeymoon suite.