After my trip to New York, I met someone from McGraw-Hill who connected me with the Center for Digital Education, and I was invited to come speak on a panel about "College and Career Readiness: Are Our Students Prepared?" Should be fascinating. I'm looking forward to sharing about the UW Dream Project and Scholarship Junkies as well as connecting with other people.
Tonight, though, I get to hang out in DC. The event folks put me up in a really nice hotel (I took pictures but I don't have my cable to upload pictures). It's pretty ridiculous, but hey, I'm not complaining.
I'm heading out in a bit to grab dinner with my friend and then probably come back to do some work. I was quite productive on the five-hour plane ride today...I finished my reading for the week AND wrote both my papers that are due on Friday. Surprising how much I can get done when I don't have email and ESPN.com to distract me...
I am trying to get the feel of blogging back so I can be ready for my Fulbright, but it's rather difficult. I only like blogs with lots of pictures, but I no longer have the urge to take pictures of everything like I used to. I imagine that won't change much when I head back to Berlin since I felt like that in Berlin the past two times I've been there as well. We shall see.
Until next time,
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment