Time for another travel blog update! This time I am in San Francisco for a few days before heading to Spokane and then back to Seattle—all before I take off for Europe again on July 26th.
I arrived yesterday and got to spend a great weekend hanging out with my aunt. After arriving at SFO, I rode the BART for the first time. Reminded me of the wonderful U-Bahn in Berlin, so I had no problem buying my ticket or finding my train. Some folks ahead of me in the ticket line seemed to have a more frustrating experience as they had no clue how to work the automatic ticket machine...
Anyway, I met up with my aunt and ate some delicious ramen and other yummy Japanese food around Union Square. On our way back, we saw a very random person in a black gorilla suit. Must've been hot!
Nice quiet evening last night with more delectable food that my aunt made. The highlight so far though was going to the San Francisco Giants vs. Boston Red Sox baseball game at AT&T Park. One of my goals in life is to see a game at all 30 MLB ballparks, and before today, I'd only been to Safeco Field in Seattle and Coors Field in Denver.
Today's weather made for a perfect baseball game, and to top it all off, the pitching matchup today was one of the best in baseball this season—Tim Lincecum for the Giants and Jon Lester for the Red Sox.
I was particularly excited not only because these are two of the top pitchers in all of baseball but also because Tim Lincecum was drafted out of the University of Washington and Jon Lester is also a fellow Washingtonian who was born in Tacoma. I wore my UW Alum shirt just for this special occasion. I also wore my Mariners jacket, although it was almost 50-50 Red Sox and Giants fans. Red Sox Nation is nuts...
Although I've only been to three MLB ballparks now, I've always heard that AT&T Park is one of the nicest in baseball. I now know why. The weather was plenty warm, the views of the Bay were beautiful, the fans filled out the park, the food was good (cheaper than Safeco!), etc. Here are some pictures...
The Red Sox won. All the fans were happy, except the hardcore Giants fans. We came home and saw the sunset from my aunt's house. Very nice view!
That's all for now. I'm done blogging for now. More next time!
Sam
1 comment:
nice, dude! i'm jealous! i miss baseball games. let's go to a mariner's game when you're back!!
Post a Comment