Tonight, we had another fantastic family dinner. It was essentially our final one since our last day in next Wednesday, but I'm hearing rumors about doing a final final family dinner next Monday. We shall see.
If tonight was our last family dinner, we definitely went out with a bang. Natalie and I teamed up to make schnitzel (or pork cutlet if you prefer). After class today, I went and bought out all of Tegut's most inexpensive pork slices. Since it was more spendy than normal, we had folks help chip in.
It's been a month since we had our first dinner with schnitzel, so it's safe to say we got a lot better at doing this time. I made three pots of rice, one pot of noodles, and Nick made two big bowls of salad. With all the wine, beer, and bread that others brought, we had plenty of good food to go around. Elena also made an awesome cake. 'Twas a great night for a feast.
Some pictures from the fun:
I also watched the third and final film of the Winnetou series last night with James and Brandon. All I have to say is that I am sad that there were only three films. We're going to watch a parody of the series on Friday night. Should be fun.
Saturday, I plan to go to Mannheim for the day to visit a friend. Should be fun. Then we have a tour of the castle casemates on Sunday. They explained what casemates were already, but I've forgotten. Haha. There was also a cooking class available too. We had to choose one of the two. I decided because I didn't want to spend extra money and more time that I'd go on the tour instead. :)
Toodles,
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment