The sad part is I tried to make more rice than I usually put in the pot, so it took forever to cook and wasn’t even fully cooked when we started eating. So that was disappointing.
But, I did try something new today. I had bought a small package of chicken breasts for the curry, but since I only needed a third of it for the curry I had to figure out something for the remaining two-thirds (the package said to use it all by tomorrow).
Since we still have about 75% of the bread crumbs from that one time we made pork cutlet, I decided to try and make some sort of popcorn chicken. I seasoned the chopped pieces of meat and then tossed them in a bowl of bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Then I dropped them in the pan with some olive oil. ‘Twas good!
I should mention that I almost never ever cook with meat. The last time I actually cooked meat before today was in Berlin in 2007, when I cooked some chopped up pork with oyster sauce. Normally, the only meat I use includes hot dogs, spam, or bratwursts. I still prefer only cooking non-meat foods; I very nearly threw up when I was chopping the chicken. Nasty.
As I was transferring pictures today, I also found pictures from last week when I cut my leftover tofu into rectangles, dipped them in eggs, covered them in breadcrumbs, and dropped them into a pan of olive oil. That was pretty good too.
Tomorrow morning, we go to Kassel, and from what I have heard, we’ll be visiting a castle or two and a nice fountain that has something to do with Hercules. Should be fun. When I get home, I will try and watch the Huskies football season opener against BYU. But that’d start around 1 AM…I may be asleep by then.
More when I return from Kassel. Time to go do more transcriptions.
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment