Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cooking...Yum

I spent the weekend in Marburg for another pump refill. Nice to see old friends again. :) I stayed with my friend, Elena, and also got to see my old neighbor, Carissa, and her roommate, Sarina.


Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time thinking about my Fulbright project, and I spent today writing out many of my thoughts. It felt good to get that all down on paper, and I feel better about how I will move forward with it. I'll just say it's been a greater challenge to get it going than I had originally expected when I first applied last year.

Thankfully, I have friends and fun things to do to keep me sane. Brandon invited Michelle and me over to his place to cook dinner together. I stopped by my friend Rob's house first, since he lives down the street from Brandon. He's remodeling his apartment by himself, and it is totally cool. Ridiculous even.

Anyway, Michelle, Brandon, and I then went shopping together in his neighborhood. By the time we returned home to cook, it was nearly 9 PM. But we made some delicious food. The menu: spring rolls, Thai sweet chili chicken (from my dear friend Rachel's wonderful recipe), broccoli with oyster sauce, and white rice. Check it out:





For dessert, we had persimmons with ice cream. Surprisingly delicious. I also did not drink beer tonight. I'm cutting down my alcohol intake and trying to be more healthy. If you're wondering what prompted the sudden change, I booked it from the top of Marburg's hill to the train station in about 20 minutes, which is nearly 1.5 km. Poor Elena...she ran with me and my backpack and duffel bag so I could catch my train. I made it in the nick of time, jumping through the train doors as it was about to pull out of the station.

Needless to say, I realized I was out of shape, and I am working to get back into shape. A couple of friends and I plan to play some baseball in Berlin in the spring, so I need to get in shape, I think.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to watching the second half of the Blazers-Grizzlies game and then go to bed. Tomorrow night, Michelle and I are going to watch Harry Potter 7 Part One. That's right...be jealous that it comes out in Berlin two days before it opens in the US. Thankfully, it will be in English. :)

Toodles,

Sam

No comments: