Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Albatrosses and Night Owls

I've been back in Berlin from Rome for a few days now, and I am really missing the warm weather. I woke up shivering this morning and didn't feel remotely warm until three hours later in the classroom where I volunteer. The temperatures in Berlin have been hovering around 10-15 degrees Fahrenheit this week. Yuck.

I've been working hard to catch up on all my emails and projects, but I'm still behind. Hence, the latter part of my blog title. I'm definitely a night owl—I work best late at night. Since I have no school visits tomorrow, I should have a pretty productive night ahead of me.

As for the first part of my blog title, I did not see real albatrosses. Rather, I went to another ALBA Berlin basketball game. Like the first time I attended a game, they lost and only scored 74 points again. Funny though, their opponent was from Italy. 



Only one recognizable former NBA player this time—Brian Skinner, who's the player wearing green in the middle of the picture above. He had just missed a shot badly...that's the ball flying way over the hoop after he shot it. He used to play for the Blazers too...

My friend and I again enjoyed making fun of the silly dance team. Even the Germans sitting behind us were making fun of them. I'm sure the dancers are all nice people, but they didn't always dance together...

Hard to believe it, but time flies. I'll be back in Seattle in another five months. I used to always dread the last two or three weeks of my study abroad programs to some degree (okay, dread is maybe too strong a word). But I just did not look forward to going back to the US 'cause I wanted to stay longer. I've got nearly half a year left here, but for some reason, I'm having that feeling already. 

Anyway, back to work!

Sam

No comments: