My friend and mentor, Stan, always like to say that, and I must say: I agree.
This morning, I met up with my Fulbright professor (one of two), and we discussed my project over lunch in Humboldt Universität's cafe. 'Twas good stuff.
We had a nice discussion about policies and education. It reminded me of how much I enjoy discussing policies and ideas. I am so grateful to Prof. Dr. Klepper as well as he agreed to support my project, even though it's not necessarily his area of academic expertise.
After our lunch, I went over to the Fulbright Commission office to say goodbye to the Fulbright team that really supported me and my fellow Fulbrighters this year. I was able to speak with a few of the folks who run the American Program, and I was able to thank them for all the support they've given me this past year.
I'm looking forward to staying in touch as well, as they also provided me with a great network in Berlin and beyond.
Tonight, I cooked at home for probably the last time in Berlin as my friend, Henry, came over for dinner. He was a Senior Fellow already when I became an HIA Fellow, and he looked out for me and my needs in Berlin during our program. It was a fun evening, and I cooked Thai Sweet Chili Turkey and Sichuan-styled green beans with rice.
I think Henry enjoyed it. He also brought a nice bottle of red wine from Slovenia. Pretty good stuff!
Lenz joined us later in the evening after his football training. They had to run 7 km today! That's probably more than I run all year. Haha.
Sadly, Henry and Lenz both won't be joining me for my farewell party tomorrow as they are both busy. Bummer. I hope it works out though, because the weather has been absolutely horrendous the last three days. It's still raining now, and we were planning to go grilling in the park tomorrow. There's still roughly 20% chance of rain tomorrow, but otherwise, it's supposed to be dry-ish.
I failed again on packing today, so it looks like Sunday will be busy with packing everything into my bags and throwing out the rest that doesn't fit. :)
Down to my final two days/weekend in Berlin! Boo...
Sam
P.S. The Good Wife in German is quite interesting on TV...
This morning, I met up with my Fulbright professor (one of two), and we discussed my project over lunch in Humboldt Universität's cafe. 'Twas good stuff.
We had a nice discussion about policies and education. It reminded me of how much I enjoy discussing policies and ideas. I am so grateful to Prof. Dr. Klepper as well as he agreed to support my project, even though it's not necessarily his area of academic expertise.
After our lunch, I went over to the Fulbright Commission office to say goodbye to the Fulbright team that really supported me and my fellow Fulbrighters this year. I was able to speak with a few of the folks who run the American Program, and I was able to thank them for all the support they've given me this past year.
I'm looking forward to staying in touch as well, as they also provided me with a great network in Berlin and beyond.
Tonight, I cooked at home for probably the last time in Berlin as my friend, Henry, came over for dinner. He was a Senior Fellow already when I became an HIA Fellow, and he looked out for me and my needs in Berlin during our program. It was a fun evening, and I cooked Thai Sweet Chili Turkey and Sichuan-styled green beans with rice.
I think Henry enjoyed it. He also brought a nice bottle of red wine from Slovenia. Pretty good stuff!
Lenz joined us later in the evening after his football training. They had to run 7 km today! That's probably more than I run all year. Haha.
Sadly, Henry and Lenz both won't be joining me for my farewell party tomorrow as they are both busy. Bummer. I hope it works out though, because the weather has been absolutely horrendous the last three days. It's still raining now, and we were planning to go grilling in the park tomorrow. There's still roughly 20% chance of rain tomorrow, but otherwise, it's supposed to be dry-ish.
I failed again on packing today, so it looks like Sunday will be busy with packing everything into my bags and throwing out the rest that doesn't fit. :)
Down to my final two days/weekend in Berlin! Boo...
Sam
P.S. The Good Wife in German is quite interesting on TV...
No comments:
Post a Comment