Monday, July 11, 2011

Oh, Marburg (Schon Wieder)

I'm back in Marburg again for another medical appointment, and I made it a 3-day trip this time to spend more time with friends. I was supposed to have dinner tonight with a dear friend, but she had an emergency, so we had to cancel. Keep her in your prayers, please. I'll visit her tomorrow.

After an uneventful (but productive) train ride through Kassel (thank God I don't have to ride through there again), I arrived in Marburg, met up with Sarina to pick up her keys, bought groceries, and headed to her apartment. She's got a major final tomorrow, so she's been studying hard core all day.

Since I made chicken nearly every time I came to Marburg and stayed with Sarina and Carissa, we decided to do it again today one last time. Unfortunately, there's no oven in the apartment, so I tried a new version of the baked chicken I've been making in recent weeks.

Didn't turn out as well. But the Greek salad worked out alright, though I thought the feta cheese tasted a bit funky. Must've been 'cause I bought a really cheap one. Haha.


The chicken took forever! And mine was still a bit pink and bloody, so I tossed it back on and promptly burned it. I'm gonna stick with the baked version. Grace, I hope you have an oven, so I can bake chicken when I'm back in Seattle. :)


Tomorrow, I am heading to Gießen to meet up with my friend, Ginger. Should be a fun and inspiring meeting as always. After that, I'll head up to visit my friend, Gerdi. That pretty much fills my morning and afternoon, so I'll meet up with Sarina once I finish all that so we can go grilling an der Lahn (on the River Lahn). Should be exciting!

We're also meeting with other friends tomorrow night for drinks to celebrate 1) Sarina's finishing her final exam, and 2) meeting up with my wonderful Marburg friends one last time. Wednesday morning I have my last pump refill in Germany (can't wait to go back to the medical comforts of Swedish Medical Center in Seattle...where I can go two months without having to go to the doctor), then it's back to Berlin for a busy evening of teaching English...

...and then watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II!

That's right, you can be jealous. :) Berlin has the special vorpremiere, which means there's a sneak preview of the movie before the actual premiere, which is already one day ahead of the U.S. release date anyway. I suppose I shouldn't gloat...I heard there's a special screening in Seattle tomorrow. But still...

Ok, I'm off to bed. Till next time!

Sam

No comments: