Monday, August 17, 2009

A Few Updates from Greece

I had a blog post pretty much done a few days ago, but then I went out a few nights and got home late, so here's the updated version instead. Much has happened as I've been internet-free for the past few days. More on that later. In fact, I may just write a separate blog for that.

Wednesday morning, after our group meeting, we went to the New Acropolis Museum. The New York Times featured the opening of the museum in June. It was easy to get to since it's just down the street.

The sad part was...you can't take pictures inside! I tried sneaking some, but there are way to many security cameras and security guards everywhere. Instead, I just took a few pictures on the top floor looking out at the Acropolis.

After the museum, I headed home with Jordan and Maggie to make pasta. Glad I learned how to do that in Rome last year. : )

I was stuffed after that, but I had to do laundry so Jordan and I went to the grocery store to pick up some more food, laundry detergent, and cockroach spray. There are nasty roaches here!

Thursday was a pretty chill day though. We were supposed to do some research out in one of the neighborhoods, but Taso was feeling quite tired, so we will be doing it this morning instead. I'm actually quite excited to be getting out there and talking to people.

Anyway, that night, we had a group dinner together at one of Taso's favorite taverns. It was pretty good! I think I'm getting a feel of Greek meals and what they consist of.

After dinner, I headed home to hang up my laundry since they were still sitting in the washing machine. I got some awesome help from Jordan, who helped me hang up clothes on the billion clothes lines outside. Looks great, doesn't it?

Ok, last bit before I finish some work and head to bed. We just spent the past weekend in Taso's home village, which only has a population of about 250 people. It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.

I'll have more when I post again tomorrow, but basically, I spent my Saturday morning and afternoon swimming in the Aegean Sea at a tiny, secluded beach with impeccably blue and teal water and fantastic weather. A few pictures to preview for my longer post. : )

Beautiful, ain't it? I even got underwater videos with my camera. 'Twas amazing. Alright, more tomorrow.

Toodles,

Sam

P.S. Sorry if something doesn't quite work right with this blog post--I started it on Wednesday and just now finished it at 1 am on Monday morning. Hope it works.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I expect you to know how to cook some greek food when you get back -- no more of this simple pasta stuff!! :-)