Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Day of Recovery

Last night was wild. No question. I don't mean anything crazy, but we were just out late. So we slept in today and woke up feeling pretty sluggish.

The weather was pretty nice again, so we headed out to grab food. We were feeling really hungry, so I went  for some homemade lasagna. Delicious.



From there, we took a bus and walked around, working our way to the British Museum. We passed St. Paul's Cathedral, which costs way too much for admission. So we just took a picture from outside. Notice the Harry Potter ad on the bus.



The British Museum is said to house some of the most famous art pieces in the world, so I wanted to see it. Chris and I had both downloaded the Rick Steves' tour of the museum for free, so we pulled out our iPods and walked in.


I'd never used the Rick Steves' audio tours before (only James did it in Rome), so I didn't realize how cheesy and corny he had made them. Not sure I'm the biggest fan of them. In fact, Chris and I were feeling so crappy that we only got through 15 minutes of the tour before calling it good.


I saw what I wanted to see in the museum, and I suppose I'll just have to return again some day. Here are some highlights though, including the Rosetta Stone and the Elgin Marbles (which the Greeks want returned to Athens to be placed in the New Acropolis Museum).











Outside the museum, there were some guys performing some cool stuff out on the grass. Swords!



After the museum visit, we went to the south side of London to visit some of Chris's friends. We were planning to play some NBA2K11, because I'd heard so much about their epic duals. Before we arrived, we picked up some fried chicken 'cause we were hungry. It was soooo good!




The park by their house was also really nice. It felt great to be outside too. The sky looks cool too, huh?


Now, we're back at Chris's, and we're watching TV online. Good stuff. Chris is making cookies too, and it smells awesome.


Tomorrow, I have one more full day in London, and while Chris works, I will walk around and check out the city. The London Marathon is tomorrow, so that should be interesting getting around. I am going to try and meet up with my friend, Chelsea, so we'll see how it all works out.

The Blazers play the Mavericks in Game 1 of their NBA Playoff series tonight, so I'm going to try and watch it. Go Blazers!

Ciao,

Sam

1 comment:

Rissa said...

oh your not gonna run in the marathon?? lol come on now Sam! That is awesome tho - looks like London is a pretty neat city - someday I will have to check it out :)