Saturday, April 23, 2011

Grillin' for Easter

Happy Easter weekend! It's been a busy few days since I got back as I've had a few things to get done. I am working on an application for an internship that is due on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I asked my buddy, Brandon, if he could give me a haircut today, and he thankfully said yes. So we decided to turn it into a grill party as well. When I got to his place in the afternoon, we made a nice vegetable soup first. It was hearty, healthy, and delicious.





As I told Brandon and wrote in my blog post a few days ago, I'm working on eating better. In fact, when I bought groceries today, I left out all the normal frozen, processed crap that I usually get. I bought so many vegetables and fruits, I might've gone overboard on this whole healthy diet. :)

After our soup and my haircut, we went out to an Easter street fest near to Brandon's place. There was this one dude in a pink blazer singing like Elvis. It was pretty hilarious.


Along the way, we saw these kids in giant bubbles in water that made them look like hamster's running in circles. Even more hilarious than German Elvis.


Further down the street, we found a line of ponies. They were ordered from largest to smallest. The middle ones didn't seem to get much love.


On our way back, we stopped by a giant Asian store that we'd never seen before. It had everything! I need to go back there some time. Brandon found the durian. Nasty.


On our way out, he commented on the "pokemon eggs." Haha.


We saw a whole bunch of stuff on sale. Brandon really wanted a black cowboy hat, so he tried out a number of 'em.



After our fun little stroll through the street fest, we headed back to his place to do some grilling. I'd picked up some chicken wings and bratwursts, so we had some good food. Plus some veggie kebabs.





For dessert, I'd picked up a few cans of tropical fruits at the Asian store. I hadn't had any of them in months, so I kind of messed up when I bought grass jelly too. I forgot that my mom usually makes a nice, cool drink out of that. Otherwise, it's kinda nasty by itself.

So I used some of the syrup from the other fruits, some water, and ice and mixed it with the grass jelly. I'm not sure Brandon or Stefan (another friend who had come over) particularly liked it. Haha.



We ended our evening with some Easter egg dyeing action. Hilarious when the egg shells are kind of brown. They turned out alright though.



Now, I'm watching my Blazers play the Mavs in Game 4 of their series, and Brandon Roy just had a four-point play to tie the game at 82 with a minute left. They were down by 23 not long ago, and they've stormed all the way back. It'd be a shame to lose now. :)

Time to go watch the rest of the game,

Sam

1 comment:

Rissa said...

looks like Easter was fun! and way to stick to your healthy kick - I'm still working it over here... gotta get out of the habit of spaghetti :P