Lightning just flashed again. I've been half-lazy, half-intrigued over the past hour that I have not yet closed my window blinds, even though the sky is dark blue. These flashes of white are really something, and I wish I could take a picture. I'm just not fast enough.
Quite unexpectedly (I suppose I should expect that when I don't ever check weather reports), the weather in the Berlin over the past 24 hours has turned into Seattle- or Portland-like weather. It's somewhat gray, windy, and most definitely rainy.
Funny though, it didn't start out like that this morning. When I left around 10 AM, it was sunny and quite warm. I didn't even bother bringing my coat. Once I got home around 2:30 PM though, the weather really started to change. The sky got darker, the wind picked up, and soon, buckets of rain and hail were pelting my kitchen window (slanted windows, since we live on the top floor).
It was so loud I couldn't even hear my TV show properly even though my laptop's volume was cranked all the way up. Headphones helped. I took some pictures of tonight's weather though. It's been on and off again all day. In fact, it reminded me that that was my first impression of Berlin back in 2007—the weather would switch between sunny/pleasant and rainy/cloudy every 15 minutes.
Anyway, why am I writing so much about weather in this post? It's still Easter holidays, and so I don't have interviews till next week. I did do quite a bit of work today though, and I met up with a few students to help with their English as well. More English tutoring tomorrow as they have their exam coming up in a week.
In other news, here are my attempt-at-eating-healthy food pictures from this week:
Alright, got a meeting at the U.S. Embassy tomorrow. Gotta go do some more prep work.
Toodles!
Sam
P.S. It's still raining...
No comments:
Post a Comment